Safeguarding Adults Learning, Development and Training
The Competency Framework is applicable to staff who work to support and protect adults at risk of abuse and harm. The documents below outline the Competency Framework, how it can be used, how to assess competency and a best practice guide to the commissioning, delivery and evaluation of Safeguarding learning.
Example Competency Logs
- Log-Blank Template (MS Word, 79 Kb)
- Example Log - Community Nurse (PDF, 232 Kb)
- Example Log - Community Psychiatric Nurse (PDF, 234 Kb)
- Example Log - Community Worker Learning Disability (PDF, 230 Kb)
- Example Log - Library Assistant (PDF, 233 Kb)
- Example Log - Residential Manager (PDF, 244 Kb)
- Example Log - Senior Residential Manager (PDF, 243 Kb)
- Example Log - Social Worker (PDF, 346 Kb)
Learning, Development and Training Resources
Safeguarding Adults training resources are available to the local independent and voluntary sector through Leicestershire Social Care Development Group (LSCDG): website - http://www.lscdg.org/, email - email@example.com or phone - 0116 305 7438 or 0116 305 5185.
All the LSCDG courses are advertised here for your convenience http://www.lscdg.org/events/
Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) offers lots of resources to support learning and development including short videos to encourage discussion.
Safeguarding Adults Trainers Network
If you deliver any learning and development activities then the Trainers Network is the place for you.
2017 Meeting Dates:
Tuesday 28th March 2017, 10.00am-12.30pm, City Hall
Wednesday 6th September 2017, 10.00am-12.30pm, City Hall
Wednesday 6th December 2017, 10.00am-12.30pm, City Hall
For more information please contact the Safeguarding Boards Business office on 0116 305 7130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org