Notifying the LA about a LAC moving into Leicestershire or Rutland
If a looked after child or young person is placed outside the geographical boundaries of their home local authority (called originating local authority), the local authority has a responsibility to notify agencies, including children's social care and health, of the move.
If the child or young person is subject to a Care Order or Interim Care Order, they remain the responsibility of the originating local authority until the order is discharged or expires. If the child or young person is accommodated they remain the responsibility of the originating authority until s/he is discharged from accommodation or agreement is reached.
When an originating local authority wishes to place a child in another authority (host local authority), the originating local authority will complete a notification form, including the risk assessment questions, and attach any additional information to support the risk assessments as negotiated. The form is then sent securely to the Nominated Point of Contact person in the host local authority where the child will reside.
A Protocol has been agreed across the East Midlands LSCBs and Local Authorities which can be accessed here:
The Notification Form can be accessed here:
The Nominated Points of Contact for Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland are:
- Leicestershire County: Janyce Crosby - email@example.com
- Rutland County - Julie Old - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leicester City: Teresa De Nobrega – email@example.com
- The Health Contact is Claire Turnbull - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, see:
- LSCB Procedures, Section 11. Children and Young People in Care who are Transferred Into and Out of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Local Authorities Boundaries
- Notification of transfer of LAC flowchart