If you are not trained to carry out a risk assessment

If you are not able to conduct a risk assessment, you should refer to your agency's procedures for dealing with domestic abuse or seek advice from your line manager on how to proceed. However, in any case, you should ensure the following:

If it is your professional judgement that a victim is at immediate risk a referral should be made directly to the Police Comprehensive Referral Desk and IDVA service. Support in completing a third party referral, can also be accessed via your Local Domestic Abuse Helpline.