Meeting and getting to know your baby is an extremely exciting and rewarding time. It's also the beginning of a new relationship. Babies need a lot of sleep during the first few months of their lives so it's important to ensure that they are sleeping as safely as possible.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) is the sudden and unexplained death of a baby where no cause is found. While SIDS is rare, it can still happen and there are steps parents can take to help reduce the chance of this tragedy occurring.
Please see Safer Sleep documents below
- Safer Sleeping Guidlines (PDF, 509 Kb)
- Caring for your Baby at Night - Professionals Guide (PDF, 733 Kb)
- Caring for Your Baby at Night - Parents Guide (PDF, 1 Mb)
- Co-Sleeping & SIDS - Professionals Guide (PDF, 267 Kb)
- Lullaby Trust - Child Death Review Booklet (PDF, 1.6 Mb)
- Button Battery Safety Leaflet (PDF, 2.2 Mb)
- Button Battery Safety Poster (PDF, 1.6 Mb)
To request hard copies of the button battery safety leaflets please contact the team below:
Leicestershire County Council, Communications Unit , telephone 0116 305 7354 or email - firstname.lastname@example.org