Group 1: Induction to Safeguarding
All Staff/Volunteers within the Children's Workforce: those in regular contact with children and young people and with adults who are parents or carers who may be in a position to identify concerns.
Overview: 'Induction to Safeguarding'
Ensures a basic awareness of what is meant by safeguarding, and the requirements of the local procedures, and also consideration of personal attitudes and values, and tests confidence in applying this knowledge.
The employing agency/organisation has the responsibility for:
- Ensuring staff within this group meet the required competencies.
- The organisation, delivery and recording of learning undertaken to enable staff to meet these competencies.
- Ensuring that the learning opportunity supports these competencies being met, reflects the LSCB Core values (as above) and Best Practice Guidance for Learning, Development and Training.
- Introduction To The Competency Framework (PDF, 549 Kb)
- Flexible learning assessing & evidencing competency June 2015 (PDF, 649 Kb)
- Group 1 Competencies (PDF, 396 Kb)
- Group 1 Examples of how competencies may be evidenced (PDF, 316 Kb)
- Group 1 Evidence Log Template (MS Word, 131 Kb)
- Group 1 sign off template (MS Word, 106 Kb)