1. Skip to content

Report your concerns about an adult

If you're worried about an adult and think they may be a victim of neglect or abuse, contact your local Adult Social Care office or the Police. The numbers are below.

You do not need to know everything about the situation or what is happening. You may just be worried, or feel that something is not right.

Leicestershire Adult Social Care

For Leicestershire Adult Social Care, Customer Services is the first point of contact for most enquiries.

If you know there is already a social worker involved, you should contact them directly.

If you are calling out of hours (outside of 8:30am-5pm Monday to Thursday or 8:30am to 4:30pm on Fridays or bank holidays) the Emergency Duty Team can be reached on 0116 255 1606.

Please note that information about adult social care services is also available on line at www.leics.gov.uk

Rutland Social Care Services

Phone: 01572 758 341

Leicester Social Care Services

Phone: 0116 454 1004

Report to the Police

If a crime has been committed and the person is in immediate danger, call 999 and ask for the Police / an ambulance.

If the person is not in immediate danger call the Police on 101.

Report to a Helpline

There are also several charities who offer helplines to discuss/report adult abuse.

  • UAVA - United Against Violence and Abuse - services for anyone affected by Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
  • Action on Elder Abuse - work to protect, and prevent the abuse of, vulnerable older adults and by doing so also protect other adults a risk of abuse.
  • Women's Aid - national charity working to end domestic violence against women and children.
  • Respond - works with children and adults with learning disabilities who have experienced abuse or trauma, as well as those who have abused others, through psychotherapy, advocacy, campaigning and other support. Respond also aims to prevent abuse by providing training, consultancy and research.